Herbed Crustless Quiche (“Squiche”)
1 medium spaghetti squash
1 lb pastured chicken pieces, cooked (I used leftovers) or cooked grass-fed ground beef
Handful of kale
½ tbs dried parsley
½ tbs dried basil
½ tsp dried sage
½ tbs dried thyme
1.2 tbs dried rosemary
Sea salt and pepper, to taste
To bake squash:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. To bake squash, cut lengthwise, place in baking dish, and cook for 25 minutes (or till soft).
3. Remove from oven, allow to cool. Drain, discard seeds and scoop out flesh with a fork into a bowl.
4. Turn oven to 350 degrees.
OR cook squash in slow cooker:
Rinse squash and puncture with fork 10-15 times. Place in slow cooker, and splash of water, and cook on low for 4-6 hours. Halve lengthwise, remove seeds, drain and scoop out flesh.
5. In another bowl, whisk eggs, kale, cooked chicken and seasonings
6. Grease a pie dish with coconut oil, avocado oil, or grass-fed butter.
7. Place squash strands in the pie dish and press into an even “crust.”
8. Pour egg mixture into the pie dish on top of the squash crust.
9. Place dish in oven and bake for 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees.
10. Cool, slice, serve, and enjoy!